Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Alameda Halloween

I'm pretty sure that nearly every post I write about October starts out with me professing my love for Halloween. But I'm not even sad about that. I do love Halloween. A lot. And I think I'm converting Caitlin to my ways. Luckily, Alameda does a great job at Halloween. Alameda has a lot of old Victorian houses and a great Halloween spirit that everyone gets into. The houses are all decorated with spooky decorations and some even have mini haunted houses on their porches. 
I always try and convince Caitlin to go as something scary for Halloween, but she always wins and we do something cute instead. I don't know how cute I was in tights, but I went as Peter Pan and she went as Tinkerbell. She actually made our costumes out of over-sized t-shirts we bought at Ross and Old Navy. 
We started off Halloween at our church's Halloween party. When we were getting ready to go, Caitlin was talking to Catherine to see if her and her husband Tim were coming. Catherine said that Tim had to work, and she didn't know what to dress up as since they were going to be Aladdin and Jasmine together. We convinced her to go as Tiger Lily from Peter Pan so we would all be coordinating. In just a few hours she was able to put together an amazingly coordinated Halloween costume and we all matched perfectly. 
At the party there were a bunch of Halloween games for kids and a little bit of trick or treating. It was really well decorated and I wish I would have snapped a few more pictures.  Afterward we joined the Langarica and Ravello families to go trick or treating with their kids. The Langarica's are from Mexico and the Ravello's are from Argentina. Catherine is from Ecuador, so we were definitely the gringos in the Latino crowd. We loved it! 
We absolutely loved going trick or treating. This is why you have kids - so you can enjoy the things you loved as a kid all over again. While we were walking around, a little girl dressed as Tinkerbell  spotted me and pointed saying, "look, there's Peter Pan!" She was so excited, and her entire family had dressed up like the crew from Peter Pan, but without a Pan. They asked if they could take a picture with us, and the one from our phone turned out a complete blur. But Tiger Lily, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, and Mr. Smee were all in attendance. I loved that I could brighten that girls Halloween (even though I'm pretty sure our photo was overshadowed by the massive amounts of candy she received that night). 
I am really impressed with how well the entire neighborhoods decorated for Halloween. I took pictures of things I loved and can't wait to have a house so one day we can decorate too.

No comments:

Post a Comment